Nor Arlene Tan is the Executive Producer & Host at durianasean.com, an online radio that focuses on political, economic and socio-cultural aspects of Southeast Asia. Under her leadership, DurianASEAN has covered high profile ASEAN events such as the 26th ASEAN Summit, ASEAN Peoples’ Forum, ASEAN Business Summit, and many more. She has also interviewed many regional and global leaders.
Having an education background in International Relations, she writes extensively on ASEAN,
international affairs, human rights and public policy on various platforms. She was a researcher at the Centre For Public Policy Studies (CPPS) and was involved in public policy research on Malaysia and ASEAN.
She was part of the drafting team for the Yangon Declaration 2014, which happened at the ASEAN Youth Forum in Myanmar.She was also selected to interview Former Secretary of State, Ms Hillary Clinton during her visit to Malaysia in 2010; and attended President Obama’s Town Hall Meeting with ASEAN Youth in 2014.
Coming from a rojak background, she thinks the world would be a richer place when we fuss less about race but more about culture.
- Climate Change is Real. And it's Beyond COP21
- An ASEAN devoid of its community
- ASEAN in 2015: The Good, The Bad and The Undecided
- Reminiscing Manila - Beyond the Glitz & Glamour
- The Power of a Good Education
- The Problem with the TPP Deal
- The Politics of Haze
- A Malaysia Day Reflection
- Bersih and The Future of Change
- Efforts to lift AirAsia fuselage fail
- 20141231 ASEAN Breakfast Call: Putting a Glam Touch on Music
- 20141229 ASEAN Breakfast Call: Floods in Southeast Asia, Wrath of God or Climate Change?
- 20141224 ASEAN Breakfast Call News Commentary
- A Spotlight on Socio-economic Inequality
- 20141121 ASEAN Breakfast Call News Commentary
- 20141119 ASEAN Breakfast Call: Faith in Society
- Malaysian minister denies link between his ministry and IS
- 20141013 ASEAN Breakfast Call News Commentary
- 20141008 ASEAN Breakfast Call: A Balanced Budget 2015?
- 2014 09 03 ASEAN Breakfast Call News Commentary
- 2014 08 11 ASEAN Breakfast Call : Lessons on Interfaith Around The World
- 2014 08 07 ASEAN Breakfast Call : Going Back to Basixx - Reliving the 90s
- Indonesia's presidential front-runner battles the puppet image
- Former Buddhist monk jailed for rape in Thailand
- Keep the pressure on Myanmar, says Aung San Suu Kyi
- Water cut hits 700,000 Klang Valley households
- Interfaith group: Fringe element behind Penang cow head incident
- Press council slams ministry over media inquiries
- Massive drug stash goes up in smoke
- Together to Reduce Poverty, Improving Food Security, Employment Opportunities
- China's Neighbors Are Not Going To Be Happy About This New Map
- The goodness of nations: A new index ranks national decency
- Myanmar amends controversial public protest law
- Malaysian authorities threaten ANU student for sharing stage with opposition politician
- Cabinet reshuffle: Liow new Transport Minister
- Be brave like ISIL fighters, Najib tells Umno
- Japan, Philippines Reaffirm Defense Ties
- Burmese Army Clashes Repeatedly with KIA Forces in Southern Kachin State
- Cigarette makers ignore Indonesia label deadline
- Najib hints at Cabinet reshuffle